Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Experimenting With Photoshop...

I recently acquired a new skill in Photoshop and thought that I'd take some photos of my Scarlet Witch minifigure (from Avengers: Age of Ultron) and experiment with it. The concept I was testing out has to do with drawing the energy streaks that she is emitting from her hands. Photos are below, and then I'll show you how to do this if you're interested. :)





Now, if you're still sticking around, you're most likely in a spot where you've got Photoshop and would like to know how to do this. It's actually quite easy!


So first, assuming you have Adobe Photoshop and an up-to-date version, open your image and just like in the screenshot below, draw the approximate strokes for each trail of energy. You can use any color you wish; your project might be different than Scarlet Witch...


As you can sort of see in the picture above, this wasn't the final pattern for the energy trails. It was just a quick demo for this tiny tutorial. :)

Alright, so you've drawn a whole bunch of squiggly, wonky-looking lines originating from whatever it is that's emitting them. With these lines on a separate layer from the background, and with that layer selected, go ahead and bring down the "Filter" pull down menu, go down to the "Other" section, then click "Maximize". A small window will pop up with a slider. Use this to adjust the effect to what best suits your particular photo. My settings might be different than yours because of the image's resolution so just slide it around until you get the look you want.


Finally, click "OK"! From here you can be done, but I have a few pre-made VFX .png's that I usually use to enhance the cool-ness of the picture, such as glowing effects and lens flares. I won't go into showing how to do those since there are plenty of other tutorials out there. ;)


Thanks for checking these out! Let me know which one you like best!

No comments:

Post a Comment