Thursday, October 29, 2015

Shiny New Video Editing Computer!

Hey there!

I recently ordered a video editing computer (well, technically it's classified as a gaming laptop, but I'll primarily be using it for video) and thought I might share a couple pictures.


Geek Info:
16 GB of RAM
Intel quad-core i7 @ 2.60 GHz, turbo boost up to 3.40 GHz
1 TB 7200 RPM HDD / 128 SSD Hybrid drive
Optical read-write drive
Full HD 1920 by 1080 display
Blah blah point blah

These images were taken with my phone, so apologies for the less-than-stellar image quality. :)


Definitely liking Windows 10... Did a fresh reinstall, too.


Oooh, sharp backlit keyboard. :o

It even came with a surprise ASUS gaming mouse, which I thought was a great bonus.

I am still settling into the new (for me) OS, but I'm really, really liking it so far. I'm actually seriously considering upgrading my Windows 7 laptop for free soon, but I'll give it a bit more time before I make any big decisions.

This laptop is going to help immensely with future video projects; in fact, I have one right now that I am going to commence editing very soon.


If you have any questions about Windows 10 or the laptop, feel free to ask! :)

2 comments:

  1. 16 GB of RAM? That's insane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah nice gaming computer snow! When I got my new computer I went for a cheaper but still good normal laptop (HP Pavilion). It was windows 8 but with windows 10 out that didn't last for long. So far Windows 10 has been great; it has a pretty familiar feel after years of Windows Vista on my old laptop and windows 7 on my school's computers. Anyway your new one really does look 'the business' :P

    ReplyDelete