Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Windows 10 and New Minecraft Edition Released

Blog post! Blog post!

To interrupt this eeri spell of silence on my blog, I bring to you a spiffy 2-in-1 post regarding a few things! Actually, two things really. And both of them are related to Microsoft. And Windows 10. So let's begin!


Windows 10

First up is a shiny new update to Microsoft's operating system called Windows 10. You've more than likely already heard of it by now... Today is the day that Microsoft *officially* rolled out this major update. Owners of Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 get to upgrade for free, which is neat. Personally, I am probably not going to upgrade for a while as Windows 7 perfectly suits my needs. However, Windows 10 is looking quite promising, especially with something called...


Minecraft Windows 10 Edition

This right here is big. What MCW10E (as I'm calling it) essentially is is a new edition of Minecraft. It's different than Pocket Edition (I believe so anyway, although I hear cross-platform play might be possible), PC edition, and Console edition. PE and Console versions I am not entirely sure of the differences, however, it is much different than PC. If you're still confused, there are a lot news sites that can explain that portion much more adequately than I can with what information I currently have possession of.

Just imagine... Being able to play a LAN game on your computer with someone on an iPad, and then someone else on maybe an Android phone. Or a Microsoft Surface. Or......the HoloLens!

I could very likely have misheard the part about cross-platform play, so please correct me if I am wrong. :)


If you would like more info on both Windows 10 and MCW10E, check out these links right here!
https://mojang.com/minecraft-windows-10-edition
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/features

No comments:

Post a Comment